Friday 1 December 2017

Barbados Unveils Rihanna Drive

teewhy-hive.blogspot.co.uk
Rihanna now has a street named after her in Barbados. Two months after it was announced, RiRi’s native land made it official.
The Government of Barbados officially changed the name of Westbury New Road to Rihanna Drive in honor of the 29-year-old pop icon.

In addition to the street name, Rihanna was honored with a placard that features a message from the hometown hero. “Welcome to Rihanna Drive,” reads her note. “My home. My whole life was shaped on this very road. I was just a little island girl riding bikes, running around barefoot, and flying kits in the cemetery, but I had BIG dreams. Dreams that were born and realized right here.
“Thank you to my family, my country, and the people of Westbury New Road,” she continued. “You will forever be a part of who I am, and for that, I am honored to have this place named after me.”
In the last two months, Rihanna has maintained a busy schedule. She has covered magazines including Vogue Arabia, Vogue Paris, and Dazed, and recently collaborated with N.E.R.D on their comeback single, “Lemon.”

No comments:

Post a Comment