Wednesday 24 February 2016

Kanye West Announces New Album for Summer

Kanye West
Get ready for another Kanye album. Less than two weeks after unleashing his latest project, The Life of Pablo, and hours after premiering his new song “Closest Thing to Einstein,” Kanye West has announced that he’s planning to release a second album this year.
“New album coming this summer,” he tweeted.
The announcement was part of a much longer Twitter spree. Fresh off his Bob Ezrin tirade, Kanyeezy slammed another target: the Grammys. In his tweets, Yeezus said he wants to meet with Neil Portnow, the president of the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences, to “make the Grammys culturally relevant again.”

What are the changes he’d like to see the Grammys make? “First order of business,” he tweeted. “We the people need to see Future at the Grammys. We need to see Young Thug at the Grammys. Not just me and Jay in a suit.”

During this Twitter spree, where he promised “free Yeezys and Adidas,” West also explained his recent social media frequency.
“People ask why I speak in a public forum,” he tweeted. “Well my voice is my power. Freedom of speech. Freedom of opinion. Freedom of dreams. I’m not crazy I’m free. No slave mindset no more. I’m free. I’m free. I’m free.”
No official release date has been announced for Mr. West’s ninth album. His eighth, this month’s The Life of Pablo, might not appear on any Billboard charts because of its TIDAL exclusivity, but the project has more than doubled the streaming service’s subscriptions since it was unleashed.

No comments:

Post a Comment