Thursday 29 October 2015

Lionel Richie Reacts to Adele's "Hello," Says He Will "Loan" It to Her

Adele, Lionel Richie
Lionel Richie has an epic sense of humor.
When Adele released her now-hit single, "Hello," people immediately started to liken it to Richie's famous tune of the same name. With the Internet insanely creative these days, obviously people took the opportunity to turn her music video and song into funny Vines.
But Richie was tickled by one creation in particular: a mashup of his video and hers. Nicole Richie's father Instagrammed the clip that splices similar footage together. In it he sings to Adele and asks, "Is it me you're looking for?" Adele abruptly hangs up. He also shared a split pic of the two of them on the phone and captioned it, "HELLO @adele is it me you're looking for...#hello."

The "Endless Love" singer opened up to DuJour at the magazine's celebration for his new accessories collection at PHD Terrace at Dream Midtown in New York City and said he couldn't believe the social media reaction about their two tunes.



"I was so amazed, everyone said, 'Lionel, Adele is doing your song 'Hello,'' and I said, 'No she's not,' and all of a sudden I heard 'Hello,'" he explained.
"Well, it was the best spoof ever because it gave me an opportunity to go in and play. So when I Instagrammed back and said, 'Hello is it me you're looking for?'"
Despite the similarities in footage and titles, Richie had to admit that Adele and her powerhouse vocals are iconic in their own right. "But it's Adele. Even though she didn't cover the song but the word 'Hello,'" he continued. "Automatically everyone called me on the phone and said she used 'Hello,' and I said, 'Well, I kind of own Hello, haha.'
"But not to the point where it's any kind of problem," he clarified. "I'll loan 'Hello' to Adele."
You hear that, Adele? A musical legend is giving you his seal of approval.


No comments:

Post a Comment