MariahIdrissi H&M Campaign
  • H&M recently unveiled a new campaign for its autumn collection this month, prominently featuring a Muslim model and blogger Mariah Idrissi wearing a hijab, a head scarf typically worn by observant Muslim women. This marks a rather powerful move by the Swedish retailer to display more inclusive representations of its global customer base in its branding. It is also a smart business decision as there are over 1.6 billion Muslim consumers worldwide, who constitute tremendous buying power for fast fashion brands like H&M. (International Business Times)
Solange+Knowles+Milly+Michelle+Smith+Front-21
  • Another beauty collaboration has been announced — this time with songstress Solange and skincare brand Kiehl’s! Launching October 1st, a limited-edition package of Kiehl’s best-selling Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate will be available for sale at the Kiehl’s Flagship in New York, at The Grove, and online. You better believe this box has all the style of Solange, since she designed it herself and even more satisfying is that proceeds from the product sales will go towards donations for children’s education (via charitable partners DonorsChoose.org, 14+ Foundation, Inc, and Son of a Saint). (Hollywood Reporter)
Rita Ora sturck a chic pose at a Rimmel London event in Toronto.
  • Beauty deals are all over the news, including Rita Ora’s second collection with Rimmel London out now. This line is a bevy of stay-all-day lip glosses entitled “Oh My Gloss” available at quite accessible prices ($5.49 per tube) at Target! Plus Rita Ora dishes on her favorite ways to apply “Oh My Gloss,” her best travel tips, and hints at her future hair style. (Refinery29)
Anna Wintour, editor-in-chief at American Vogue magazine, le
  • Armani is all about independence and quite frankly, its founder Giorgio Armani feels exactly the same way about the future of his eponymous luxury brand.“While I am alive, there will be independence,” Armani, who is currently 81, shared with the press following his Spring 2016 presentation during Milan Fashion Week. It is an incredible feat for Armani to have stayed independent this long given the potential deals he could have struck with major luxury brand conglomerates, such as LVMH in the past. We’ll be watching to see how his empire fares. (Business Of Fashion)
gigi-hadid-nyfw- tommy hilfiger body shamer instagram1
  • Gigi Hadid gave her body shamers an earful on Instagram the other day saying, “No, I don’t have the same body type as the other models in shows. No, I don’t think I’m the best at any given show. Yes, I want to have a unique walk, but I also know I have to improve….Yes, I have boobs, I have abs, I have a butt, I have thighs, but I’m not asking for special treatment. I fit into sample sizes. Your mean comments don’t make me want to change my body, they don’t make me want to say no to designers who ask me to be in their show, and they definitely don’t change the designer’s opinion of me.”” Who knew poor Gigi was fielding so much hate! It seems no matter how beautiful or successful you are, people will always have something negative to say. Keep your head up Gigi! And keep on stomping! (W Magazine)