Monday 29 June 2015

Tracee Ellis Ross Didn't Mean to Diss Tyga During BET Awards: ''I'm Not the Shade Throwing Type''

Tracee Ellis Ross, Tyga, BET Awards
Did Tracee Ellis Ross throw shade at Tyga during last night's 2015 BETS Awards?!
While introducing Tyga and Chris Brown's performance Sunday, the hilarious Black-ish star said, "Equally a triple threat, young, sexy, and black. Please welcome..." before taking a long pause and laughing, "Tyga...and Chris Brown."
The 42-year-old actress quickly took to Instagram this morning to clarify she just has trouble remembering how to pronounce Tyga's name. "Absolutely not [throwing] shade at @kinggoldchains (I'm not the shade throwing type) as u might remember from my TMurda 'further exploration' video I have trouble saying his name right & I was nervous. I was hosting a live show. I was fighting in my head cause I was so scared I would say it the wrong way. That would have been awful. Saw him as he came off stage and there was nothing but love. You rock Tyga. #BETAwards," she wrote.

Ross also posted a video in which she clearly has trouble with the 25-year-old rapper's moniker. Ross tries saying "Tyga" several different ways before asking a friend behind the camera, "Tyga? Tigger is from Winnie the Pooh. Winnie the Pooh guy didn't do this? No?" LOL! Good to know there's no bad blood here.

No comments:

Post a Comment