Wednesday 26 February 2014

Rick Ross In Trouble Again After Controversial Lyric: ‘Trayvon Martin, I’m Never Missing My Target’.

rick-ross-topless1
Rick Ross finds himself defending yet another offensive lyric on the second anniversary of Trayvon Martin’s death.“Trayvon Martin, I’m never missing my target,” he raps in new song “Black & White” on his new album “Mastermind.” Ross, who streamed the album on iTunes last night, was immediately called out for line that he says was taken out of context.


“It’s so important that today, on the two-year anniversary of the death of Trayvon Martin, we never forget that tragedy,” Ross says in a quote emailed exclusively to VIBE. “I’m never going to let the world forget that name. In my song ‘Black and White’ off ‘Mastermind’ I say, ‘Trayvon Martin, I’m never missing my target’. There I’m reminding people that if you’re a black person or a person of any color for that matter in this country, you have to be accurate, whatever moves you make, stay accurate. Even when you’re walking down the street, playing music from your car, you have to stay on point.”
“Black men are being killed and their killers [are] beating the trial,” he continued. “It hasn’t been this much violence against black men since the ’60s. I am Trayvon Martin, we’re all Trayvon Martin. He was from South Florida. That could have been me or one of my homies. So, stay alert and never miss your target. Whatever that target may be. Getting out the hood, providing from your family. Stay sharp. Stay alive. Trayvon, Rest in Peace.”
You may remember when Ross dropped the controversial lyric, “Put molly all in her champagne/She ain’t even know it/I took her home and I enjoyed that/She ain’t even know it” on the song “U.O.E.N.O.” Ross was eventually taken off of the song and dropped from his Reebok deal.
Ross isn’t the only rapper who’s gotten in to trouble recently surround their music. Nicki Minaj made headlines when she released the cover art to her single “Lookin’ A** N*ggas” featuring an iconic image of Malcolm X.

No comments:

Post a Comment