Wednesday 29 January 2014

J.Crew To Lower Prices This Spring.

anais-mali-j-crew-2
For most J.Crew fans, their love for the brand is much deeper than their pockets. But this Spring, J.Crewsies all over America shall be granted sweet relief, as CEO Mickey Drexler says the retailer will lower their prices to accommodate customers who simply can’t justify paying an arm and a leg for a printed cotton pullover: “you’ll see our prices much more friendly this year,” he told WWD“We can’t compete with designers.” You’ll still find the brand’s pricey “Collection” range, but the mid-range products will cost less than before. “I grew up in the Bronx,” he said. “I resent the masses thing. I find the world isn’t that high-integrity. Maybe I grew up not being able to afford nice things, but it shouldn’t be that way. I wanted nice clothes that aren’t crazily priced.” I don’t know whether this is good or bad news for my wallet! (WWD)

No comments:

Post a Comment