Tuesday 26 November 2013

Kanye West Will No Longer Affiliate With Nike.

image  
Kimye sat down with Hot97′s Angie Martinez last night for a chat,  Kanye then revealed that he will no longer be working with Nike, and that his Yeezy 2 ‘Red Octobers’ might not be released. Read Below how it all went down:

 “So then I start turning up in the BBC interview, so [Nike] said, ok cool, we’re gonna give you a bigger sandbox to play in. We’re gonna give you this amount right here to design, and two collections a year, and 30 skews — that’s the amount of items that you have. Would that make you happy, Kanye? And I said, well I need royalties. It’s not even like I have a joint venture. At least give me some royalties. Michael Jordan has 5%, that business is $2 billion. He makes a $100 million dollars a year off of 5% royalties. Nike told me we can’t give you royalties because you’re not a professional athlete. I told them, I go to the Garden and play one-on-NO-ONE. I’m a performance athlete… I’m 100,000 percent at all times. It’s people that work in offices trying to tell me how to think, when I got a better perspective. I live in Paris.”
Yeezy also let it slip that he may have severed ties with Nike in favor of a deal with Adidas“…The old me, without a daughter, would have taken the Nike deal because I just love Nikes so much. But the new me, with a daughter, takes the Adidas deal because I have royalties and I have to provide for my family.”  Martinez pressed West to confirm whether or not he was officially announcing a partnership with Adidas, to which he responded “Official, non-official, official, what you’re gonna see is I am going to be the TuPac of product.” (Global Grind).

No comments:

Post a Comment